"Cat's Claw may help create support for the intestinal and immune systems of the body, and may also creates intestinal support with its ability to cleanse the entire intestinal tract. This cleansing helps create support for people experiencing different stomach and bowel disorders, including: colitis, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and leaky bowel syndrome.
In addition, in one study, human volunteers who took Cat's claw for 8 weeks showed improved DNA repair.
Cat's Claw can often be found combined with other 'immune' herbs with similar healing properties such as Echinacea and may:
- reduce pain and inflammation of rheumatism, arthritis and other types of inflammatory problems.
- have anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties that inhibits cancerous cell formation.
- promote the healing of wounds.
- be useful for treatment of gastric ulcers and intestinal complaints
- help to relieve chronic pain.
- enhance immunity by stimulating the immune system.
- help people experiencing stomach and bowel disorders, including colitis, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky bowel syndrome, gastritis and duodenal ulcers, intestinal inflammation.
- help fight both viral and fungal infections such as Herpes and Candida"